The PUNS Philosophy...
- At PUNS, we share Piaget's belief that children learn by doing and that "play is the work of childhood".
- Our educational curriculum and instructional methods reflect our core belief that each child is unique. We strive to teach "the whole child", encouraging your child's natural course of development, as well as his or her imagination and cooperative play skills.
- Teachers at PUNS follow the child's lead, while simultaneously providing the structural framework of the classroom routine.
- In our program, children learn through play and through choosing and using a variety of learning centers in the classroom- figuring out how things work, interacting with each other, trying out new roles, experimenting with their own ideas, building on their own experiences, and solving real problems.
- We focus on the PROCESS, not the product. We respect the various learning styles and life experiences our students bring to bear as they navigate the preschool day. Our goal is that each activity, craft, or center will help facilitate the development of the underlying skills needed for success at school.
- We believe in life-long learning, and strive to impart this LOVE of learning to our students each and every day.
Nondiscrimination Policy :
Pittsford United Nursery School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school-administered programs.